3 History Books that Got Me Thinking

Hi everyone, I hope you have been reading and enjoying my posts. Thanks to the encouragement through your comments on the Curiologist Facebook page and the Curiologist site I have published 50 posts and reached 2306 views! This post is about my favourite history books. I’m going to share a short book review for 3 such favourite books. So, let’s get started.

1. The first book is Let’s Go Time Travelling by Subhadra Sen Gupta.



Let’s Go Time Travelling is my favourite history book. It is where I have got some of the interesting facts that I’ve written in my posts like the Harrapans ate gharials or Akbar invented a polo ball with which you could play with even in the dark. The book has a history of India from the time of Mohenjo-Daro and Harappa to the time of the end of British rule in India. Each period of history begins with a peek into the lives of a person living in that period. It discusses the culture and traditions of the people living in that time of history. I would recommend this book for 7-year-olds and above. Maybe after you read it you may want to write your own blog?! Now let’s go to another of my favourite books.

2. The second book is A Curious History of Food and Drink by Ian Crofton.


A Curious History of Food and Drink is another book from where I have got interesting facts that I have written in my posts. The facts range from the time when man learnt to cook to the 21st century. A few examples of some the facts are things like hippopotamus soup, a man who ate things like a bicycle and even an aeroplane (I’m not making this up) and many more interesting facts you may want to know. I would recommend this for 10-year-olds and above. Now, let’s go to the last book.


3. The third and last book is History Timelines by Miles Kelly. 


History Timelines is a book from where I’ve got a few facts that I’ve written in my posts. The book has a timeline from the time from the Earth was formed to 2010. It talks about all the major events in the history of all countries in the timeline. In between the timeline there are some interesting facts like boys had to wear frocks till the age of 7 in Europe in the Middle Ages, the ancient Chinese believed that girls with small feet were more beautiful and many other facts. I would recommend this book for 7-year-olds and above and with this we come to the end of my 50th post.

I hope you liked it and will keep reading and encouraging me.

 

 

 


Comments